Greg Giovanni offers a variety of college-level lectures accompanied by demonstrations in Noh chant and dance.
A clear area of 15 feet by 15 feet with a smooth, bare floor is required for demonstration. The floor should be as clean as possible. All fees are negotiated on a ‘per session’ basis.
If you have any questions or would like to schedule a workshop please contact Greg for more information.
Theatre Nohgaku offers area tours and residencies featuring full Noh performances.
Lecture/Demonstration - One Session
Consists of a one to three hour lecture and demonstration
Depending on time, class size and subject this workshop could include:
- Demonstration of styles of chanting and dance
- Overview of the history and esthetics of Noh
- Types of plays and characters
- Flute demonstration
- Discussion / demonstration of noh in English
- Class participation in basic chant and dance
Lecture/Demonstration - Two Sessions
Consists of a one to three hour each
- As above, with deeper insight to the components
- Overview of Japanese theatre, performance practices and contemporary growth
Two Training Sessions
Three to four hours each
- A practical workshop in the art of chant and dance
- Students will be taught short phrases and a dance from a classical Noh drama
Demonstrations featuring two to four highly trained noh practitioners can be arranged